[NYC 2013] Day 5: Universal Studios

DAY 5 (30 Oct 2013): Universal Studios
- Universal Studios' Adventure Island (Wizarding World of Harry Potter)
- Universal Studios 

So ever since I heard of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios a few years back, I've been itching to go because the place is basically a dream come true for Harry Potter fans. Bless the souls who thought of the idea - I mean, they're basically swimming in money now so they probably don't need the blessing, but it's such an awesome idea for a theme park! I wish there's one whole large theme park dedicated to it.


The WWOHP is basically just a park-within-a-park, lol. It was a pretty small section of the Adventure Island in Universal Studios, though it has some pretty good rides given its relatively small size. 


Obviously I loved the Forbidden Journey, which was pretty much a must. The Dragon Challenge was awesome, although we only got to go once since we wanted to cover both parks in one day. You can basically choose to take different "rides" on the Dragon Challenge as each tracks are different - choose either Slytherin (green) or Gryffindor (red). Definitely worth it.


The rest of the rides or attractions were pretty tame stuff, so we didn't really stick around that long. One thing I loved about our visit was that it was off-peak season, so we didn't really have to queue for our rides, which was awesome! I mean, the longest queue while we were at Universal was maybe 10 minutes? Well, we had the express pass as well which helped, but at certain rides I think even the express pass wouldn't have been useful if everyone had them. Disneyworld had slightly more people and longer queues compared to Universal Studios for us, but it still wasn't that crowded, so thank God for small mercies :D Was still feeling sick on this day but the nausea was slightly better so I went on every ride lol. (Although that Hulk ride... I tell you, if I barfed, I would've barfed on that ride.)


On to pictures!



Where's my Hogwarts Express? :(





















The Forbidden Journey
Dragon Challenge



































We ended the day after the Universal park with the Transformers ride. There was still time before Adventure Island closed, so I made my way over to Adventure Island again to go on Forbidden Journey a second time :D

Added bonus: when I got out of the ride, they were lighting up the place. Too bad it was still light out, or the surroundings would've looked much more beautiful!













And thus concludes our day at WWOHP and Universal Studios :'( The visit was definitely too short for me.

AND NOW I FOUND OUT THEY'RE PLANNING TO OPEN ANOTHER PARK WHICH IS DIAGON ALLEY WITH NEW RIDES THROUGH GRINGOTTS BANK HOW DARE YOU, SIR, HOW DARE YOU. It's supposedly set to open summer 2014 aughhhhhh whyyyyy!


...so this probably means I'd be returning to Universal Studios in 2015 >:)


Go to Day 4 (Disneyworld Day 2) | Day 6 & 7 (NYC)

NYC 2013 Masterpost

0 comments: